Hi Guys!! Welcome to Layers and Lipstick, I am beyond ecstatic that you are here. Layers and Lipstick has been a long time coming. Creating a blog has always been a dream of mine, and now to see it live I can’t stop smiling. I welcome you all on my journey and thank you all ahead of time for the love and support! This is all very new to me and I am still learning, and will continue to learn as I dive into the world of blogging.
Why Layers & Lipstick?
The first step in creating a blog is a lot more than you think… coming up with a name for me was one of the hardest things. I was ready to start blogging 5 months ago, but then realized I didn’t have a name. It took several of weeks, sleepless nights and endless amounts of conversations. I came up with lipstick because it has been something I have been exploring and trying endless amounts over this past year, colors, glosses, mattes you name it! So lipstick symbolizes to always trying something new, whether or not you think it will turn, because you never know until you try! The layers part came simply from the fact that I am putting myself out there 110% to readers, followers and inspiring others! So I want you to see the different layers of my life. This blog will represent me, my lifestyle, fashion, beauty and everything in between. I am so excited to share this part of my life with you all!
Some Facts about Me!
- I am the youngest of 3 girls.
- I have the cutest little nephew and a niece on the way!
- I have a charismatic, goofy, awesome and dapper lookin boyfriend. His name is Andrew Russell.
- I have so many shows I watch every week… Keeping Up with The Kardashians, Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder, Vanderpump Rules, Shades of Blue, The Family and Greys Anatomy to just name a few!!
- I was born in Kansas City, raised in Michigan (currently living in KC!)
- I am a Spring/ Summer girl but love me some fall colors and cozy winter days.
- I am a Belieber.
- Sweets are my guilty pleasure.
- Andrew and I are getting a puppy this upcoming week from Nashville!
- I am a Photographer/ Videographer and an Event Coordinator.
I hope you all have a great Sunday!